Tuesday, September 20, 2011

20 Films With The Word 'Revenge' On Their Titles


Revenge of the Nerds (1984)

Revenge of the Ninja (1983)

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge (1985)

Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978)

Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)

Revenge of Frankenstein (1958)

Revenge of the Zombies (1943)

Revenge of the Creature (1955)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Revenge (1990)

Revenge of the House of Usher (1982)

Revenge (Adauchi) (1964)

Pinnochio’s Revenge (1996)

Sweet Revenge (1987)

The Street Fighter’s Last Revenge (1974)

Jaws: The Revenge (1987)

Porky’s Revenge (1985)

Puppet Master III: Toulon’s Revenge (1991)

Revenge of the Stepford Wive’s (1980)

Revenge of the Jedi (they never used that title, but they did make this teaser poster before the title change)


8 comments:

Kev D. said...

Movies with RETURN seem to turn out better than REVENGE... I say that SOLELY based on comparing the second and third Street Fighter movies, in which Chiba's character changes drastically... for the worse.

Franco Macabro said...

Brian, from Cool Ass Cinema (an awesome blog) told me the same thing about Sonny Chiba's character in the Streetfighter sequels. I've only seen the first one, I thought it was pretty kick ass in deed.

Shaun Anderson [The Celluloid Highway] said...

A cool thematic poster gallery, excellent work Franco. The best film in the gallery has to be THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN...the best of the Hammer Frankenstein pictures in my view.

Franco Macabro said...

I actually own Revenge of Frankenstein but cant seem to remember anything about it, I guess that means it's time for a re-watch!

Of the Hammer Frankensteins, I love Curse of Frankenstein and also, the very last one: Frankenstein and The Monster from Hell. My least favorite is Frankenstein Created Woman.

Shaun Anderson [The Celluloid Highway] said...

I quite like FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN, its quirky and different. My least favourite is HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN...a lame attempt at parody featuring Ralph Bates as the Baron.

Franco Macabro said...

Ralph Bates, I liked him, I wished his career had been longer, he had this attitude and this presence, he used to play great villains, he was so great in Taste the Blood of Dracula! I've yet to see him in Lust for the Vampire, but I've heard bad things about that one. Still, my curiosity will get the best of me I know it.

Direct to Video Connoisseur said...

I like that list, and it's funny how "revenge" feels like something that the action market would have cornered, but really, it spans all genres. Revenge is apparently a universal concept.

Franco Macabro said...

Even comedies! "Porky's Revenge" and "Revenge of the Nerds" being great examples.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails